The e-customs® Trial Offer Agreement for the New Export System (NES)
• The trial period is effective from the date of agreement for a maximum period of 3 months. (For example if the agreement begins on 1 April you can operate under the trial period until 30 June).
• The trial period allows the normal e-customs® minimum monthly fee payable (of £110), to be suspended but only for the duration of the trial. At the end of the trial the “triallist” can either choose to join the e-customs® web-based customs clearance system (under which the monthly minimum fee condition is imposed) or the service will be withdrawn.
• The service will therefore only continue after the trial period has ended if:
- a signed ongoing agreement has been received by e-customs®, and
- any outstanding transaction account for the trial period is fully settled.
• Throughout the trial period a transaction fee of £5.55 (plus VAT) will apply for each successful message to CHIEF in regard to the New Export System (NES). The fees incurred will be billed monthly and should be paid within 30 days of the date of invoice. Failure to pay within this time limit could result in the service being immediately withdrawn at our sole discretion.
• The “triallist” must also agree to pay any necessary port charges incurred during the trial, where applicable and if e-customs® incur these costs on behalf of the triallist. We will then recover them, at cost, with the messaging fee.
• No onsite training will be given to triallists.
• Only “office hours” telephone support will be given to triallists.
• For triallists wishing to use the two stages; Simplified Declaration Procedure (SDP), or Local Clearance Procedures (LCP), all necessary approvals must be in place with Local Customs before the transmission of such NES messages can begin. Our recommendation however is that if all the necessary export data is available, it makes more sense to complete the declaration in a single full entry transaction.
To proceed - download the NES Agreement for signature and dispatch to e-customs®.